The 2018 ASCAP "I Create Music" EXPO will give attendees a unique opportunity to receive honest feedback and advice on their music with special EXPO Feedback Panels. These multiple panels, which focus on attendees' submissions in different genres, have been a staple at the EXPO each year.
In order to be considered, you must submit one (1) song or composition/score, by April 15, 2018. A panel of ASCAP staff and music industry professionals will review the submissions. The screening panel will make the final selection of songs to be played and discussed at the ASCAP EXPO Feedback Panels. Please carefully read the below rules and terms of this process.
For Film & TV compositions/scores, submissions should be no longer than 90 seconds in length and should demonstrate your ability to write with a dramatic sensitivity to picture. While audio tracks will be accepted, video clips with your score are preferred for this Film & TV panel and will demonstrate your ability to write to picture. The Film & TV Feedback Panel is for score only and submissions must include a website link to the video clip or audio. The link to the video clip or audio must remain available to view or download between now and April.
- Submissions End: April 15, 2018
- You must be registered to attend the ASCAP EXPO in order to submit. You will be asked to enter your EXPO registration number from your confirmation email or letter. Non-EXPO attendee submissions will not be judged.
- Only one (1) song or composition can be submitted by an attendee. Registrants who submit more than one will be disqualified from participating in the ASCAP EXPO Feedback Panels.
- The one (1) song or composition/score you submit must be an original work, either written or co-written by you.
- Lyrics are required for all songs. Lyrics are not required for a composition/score.
- You must agree to all Terms and Conditions. Any false information will result in automatic disqualification. Incomplete applications will result in disqualification.
If your song or composition/score is selected during the screening process, you will be notified in advance of the ASCAP EXPO. Notification will be made by email or phone. Do NOT call the ASCAP office asking if your song(s) has been selected for use in the Song Feedback Panels. This is not a contest or competition judging the "best" songs or compositions. The panel is merely choosing examples for open review and discussion during the ASCAP EXPO. If selected, you are expected to be in attendance to discuss your submission. If you are not in attendance, your song or composition may not be reviewed.