Vote in the 2018 ASCAP Composers' Choice Awards!
Honoring your favorite ASCAP film, TV and video game music of 2017 • April 9, 2018
Last year was another incredible year for ASCAP composers. Help us celebrate by voting in the ASCAP Composers’ Choice Awards! Our nominees were hand-picked by a nominating committee of composers, film/TV industry leaders, and members of the Game Audio Network Guild, an organization of video game music professionals.
As a valued ASCAP writer member, we want to know who and what moved you the most. Your vote will help determine the winners, which we will announce at the ASCAP Screen Music Awards on May 23.
2017 ASCAP Film Score of the Year – films theatrically released in the US in 2017
3 Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - Carter Burwell
Coco - Michael Giacchino
Dunkirk - Hans Zimmer
Lady Bird - Jon Brion
Phantom Thread - Jonny Greenwood
2017 ASCAP TV Composer of the Year – television programs that initially aired in the US in 2017
This category has 9 nominees due to a tie in the number of nominations.
- Jeff Cardoni (Girlboss, Silicon Valley, Speechless, Training Day, Young Sheldon)
- John Debney (The Orville, Santa Clarita Diet)
- Rupert Gregson-Williams (The Crown)
- Rael Jones (Harlots, Ill Behavior, My Cousin Rachel)
- James S. Levine (Bloodline, The Last Ship, Major Crimes, Star)
- Bear McCreary (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Black Sails, Outlander, The Walking Dead)
- Dave Porter (Better Call Saul, The Blacklist, Preacher)
- Mark Snow (Blue Bloods, Elementary)
- Hans Zimmer (Blue Planet II, Genius, Through the Wormhole)
2017 ASCAP Video Game Score of the Year – video games released in the US in 2017
This category has 6 nominees due to a tie in the number of nominations.
- Assassin's Creed Origins - Sarah Schachner
- Call of Duty WWII - Wilbert Roget II
- Destiny 2 - C. Paul Johnson, Skye Lewin, Michael Salvatori
- Halo Wars 2 - Gordy Haab
- Star Wars: Battlefront II - Gordy Haab
- Tooth and Tail - Austin Wintory
Your votes must be submitted by Monday, April 30 at 11:59 pm Eastern Time. Only ASCAP writer members in good standing are eligible to vote, and you will need to enter your ASCAP member ID number to submit your vote.
You can only vote once and can only vote for one nominee per ASCAP Composers' Choice Awards category. So choose carefully!
Click here for the ASCAP Screen Music Awards Official Rules, which contain additional rules and eligibility requirements.
For questions, reach out to @ASCAP on Twitter with hashtag #ComposersChoice.