Apply to The ASCAP Foundation Harold Adamson Songwriting Workshop
7920 Sunset Blvd., Third Floor
Los Angeles, CA
Geared toward advanced songwriters, the workshop is designed to enrich participants' knowledge of the industry, help them establish contacts and confidence, and expand their collaborative partnerships. The 2019 workshop will take place at ASCAP’s Los Angeles office for three days: December 3, 5 and 10. All participants must be available all three days.
The Workshop is funded by The ASCAP Foundation Harold Adamson Fund. The ASCAP Foundation Harold Adamson Lyric Award will also be awarded to two outstanding participants in this year's workshop. Additional eligibility criteria apply. Click here for official award rules.
Read the Top 10 reasons to apply for the Workshop: bit.ly/10Reasons-HAW
Submission Requirements: This year, submissions will be accepted in either of two ways: 1) Via the DISCO file sharing platform or 2) Via email.
SUBMISSION METHOD 1: VIA DISCO
- If you do not have a DISCO account, start a free trial here.
- Create a new playlist in your DISCO account, titled 2019 ASCAP Harold Adamson Workshop, that includes two original songs.
- Please ensure that you add the following information for each submitted track:
- Lyrics to your two songs
- Writer information (i.e. list any co-writers on the song)
Note: you can add this information by clicking on the three-line icon next to your track name and clicking on the link that says “Edit track information"
- Share your playlist to the DISCO account with username: ASCAP LA Pop/Rock Membership Inbox. Please ensure that you include a brief bio and a written explanation of why you would like to participate in the workshop in the “Message” section when you share your playlist. Please also indicate your creative role for each song (i.e. producer/track maker vs. topliner/songwriter)
DISCO is not a sponsor of, nor is it affiliated with, this Award and any Application (including any Submissions materials) will be subject to DISCOs Terms and Conditions and Privacy and Security Policy.
SUBMISSION METHOD 2: VIA EMAIL
Send the following via email to email@example.com:
- Two original songs (please do not send attachments - we prefer streaming links or links to a file transfer site e.g. WeTransfer, Dropbox)
- Lyrics for both songs
- Writer information for both songs (i.e. list any co-writers you may have on the songs)
- A brief bio, and a written explanation of why you would like to participate in the workshop
The deadline for applications is November 15, 2019.
Please send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Harold Adamson
Harold Adamson was the great lyricist behind the classic songs "Time on My Hands" and "An Affair to Remember" as well as contributing music to many Broadway shows and movies including Smiles, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and Around the World in 80 Days. Mr. Adamson received five Academy Award nominations and was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1972. Funding for this Workshop is made possible by The ASCAP Foundation Harold Adamson Fund.