Songwriters Beat: Writing Your Next 3-Minute Masterpiece
Funded by The ASCAP Foundation
New York, NY
Part 1: Saturday, Sept. 23, noon to 5pm
Part 2: Sunday, Nov. 12, noon to 5pm in NYC
Free for ASCAP members // $100 for all others for both parts
• Is it time for your lyrics and music to take an exponential leap in quality?
• Are your songs-in-progress stalled, or in need of in-depth pro feedback?
• Want to practice the essential art of reworking your best Song Starts?
Join hit ASCAP songwriter Alex Forbes and Songwriters Beat founder Valerie Ghent for this exciting workshop series. In Part 1, each participant will present two works-in-progress, get detailed professional critiques, and meet new colleagues. Then everyone will return for Part 2 to perform their rewrites...or present completely new material!
• Workshop limited to 12 participants
• Geared for intermediate and advanced songwriters
• Visit the Songwriters Beat website to submit your application: www.songwritersbeat.com
With numerous Billboard-charting singles, over 120 releases, and millions of album sales under her belt, Alex Forbes exudes a contagious passion on the subject of songwriting. Her material has found a home on major and indie labels, feature films and TV in the US, Europe and Asia. Founder of the top songwriting coaching site CreativeSongwriter.com and author of the inspirational guide Write Songs Right Now, Alex has led courses and workshops for NYU Steinhardt, The ASCAP Foundation and many other organizations. TV and film placements include Dance Moms, Nurse Jackie, and the Denzel Washington film Déjà Vu. Alex’s hits include Don't Rush Me (#2 Pop, #6 Dance, #3 Adult Contemporary, ASCAP Pop Award), Nothin’ My Love Can’t Fix (#19 Pop), and Too Turned On (#6 Dance).