Apply for The Collective Workshop in NYC
Presented by The ASCAP Urban team and The ASCAP Foundation
New York, NY
The ASCAP Urban team and The ASCAP Foundation present The Collective, an ASCAP songwriting workshop.
The Collective workshop focuses on the discovery, development and education of a select, advanced group of songwriters and producers. The workshop features prominent music industry professionals as mentors, leading a creative discussion about the art of songwriting. This year's workshop will also award selected participants with the Harold Adamson Lyric Award.
There is no fee to participate in the workshop; however, chosen participants will be responsible for their own transportation and must be able to attend all workshop and studio sessions in New York City. You must also be a current writer member of ASCAP to apply.
2019 Workshop Dates
Wednesday, October 2 - 6:30-8:00pm
Thursday, October 3 - 6:30-8:00pm
Thursday, October 17 - 6:30-8:00pm
How to Apply
Songwriters interested in applying are required to e-mail the following materials to ASCAPcollective@gmail.com:
1. Digital versions of two recent, original songs that represent your songwriting ability*. CDs and other physical media will not be accepted. Please send your songs in ONE of the following formats:
- A link to a streaming media page (Bandcamp, SoundCloud, etc.)
- MP3s attached to the e-mail (limit file sizes to 10 megabytes)
*If either of the submitted songs are co-writes, please indicate which part(s) of the song you contributed - lyrics, melody, production, etc.
2. Lyric sheets for the two songs (MS Word or PDF format) if you are submitting as a lyricist/topliner
3. A resume or bio (MS Word or PDF format)
4. A brief explanation as to why you would like to participate in the Workshop (MS Word or PDF format)
5. Your email, telephone number and city of residence
6. OPTIONAL: A link to a website where we can hear more of your music
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, September 18. No exceptions.
Accepted applicants will be notified by September 24. All other applicants will be notified of their status shortly thereafter. Please do not contact the ASCAP offices inquiring about your acceptance status. Only a limited number of applicants can be selected as participants.