Apply for The ASCAP Foundation/Universal Theatrical Group Musical Theatre Workshop
Directed by Stephen Schwartz
The Wallis Center for the Performing Arts
9390 N. Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA
Applications for the Los Angeles and New York editions of The ASCAP/Universal Theatrical Group Musical Theatre Workshops are now being accepted simultaneously.
Your application is good for both the LA and NYC workshops. If selected, you have the option of participating in either city.
LA Dates: February 7, 8 and 9, 2018
Time: All sessions begin at 7:30PM sharp
Writers interested in applying for participation in the ASCAP Foundation Musical Theatre Workshops in Los Angeles should submit the following:
- CD of four (4) songs from your musical
- Lyric sheets for each of the four songs
- A brief description of each song as to its plot placement
- A brief synopsis of the musical
- Biographical information for each composer, lyricist and book writer
- Contact information (including e-mail address, phone number and mailing address)
Send your completed submission package to:
Michael A. Kerker
1900 Broadway, 7th Fl
New York, NY 10023
ATTN: ASCAP Musical Theatre Workshop
DEADLINE: Submissions must be received by Thursday, November 30, 2017
- EVEN THOUGH THE WORKSHOPS ARE IN LOS ANGELES AND NEW YORK, APPLICATIONS SHOULD ONLY BE SENT TO NEW YORK
- Please submit four (4) songs only. If you send a full recording, ASCAP will only listen to the first four (4) songs.
- Submissions do not need to be produced in a studio as we are looking for talent and potential, not production values.
- If your musical is selected, you will need to present 50 consecutive minutes from the musical at the workshop. The 50-minute selection must include book and songs.
- THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED TO PRESENT MATERIAL IN THE WORKSHOPS WILL BE CONTACTED BY DECEMBER 31, 2017.
- Those who will be invited to audit the workshop will receive an e-mail invitation.
- Please do not call to ask if you have been selected.
Submissions will not be returned.
Questions: call 212-621-6238