TV Licensing

ASCAP offers a variety of licenses for local broadcast television stations, broadcast networks, cable networks and multichannel video program distributors ("MVPD's").
Please see each type with details below and then contact us to purchase the appropriate license for your station. If you do not see a license below that fits your station, please contact us and we'll help identify the right license for your station.
To obtain a Cable license and access to music your viewers love, please send us an email at

Local Commercial Television License

FCC-licensed full-power, local commercial stations can choose from three different form licenses offered pursuant to our agreement with the Television Music License Committee (TMLC) - the Blanket License, Per Program License and Alternative Local Station Blanket License.

Low Power Television License

FCC-licensed Low Power, Class A and Translator stations can choose from two different form licenses: The Low Power Blanket License and the Low Power Per Program License.

Contact us to purchase your license

Call us at 1-800-99-ASCAP (7227) or email us at

Cue sheet corner

How music creators get paid in Film & TV