Music Licensing for Businesses
ASCAP members create music. You harness the power of music for your business.
Here are the facts you need to know about the ASCAP music license:
• ASCAP is a membership organization of more than 715,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers. Our members include both the hottest artists of today and the writers of your all-time favorite songs.
• With an annual ASCAP music license, you have unlimited access to ASCAP's expansive catalogue of millions of songs which you can play as often as you want in a wide variety of ways -whether it's off your iPad, a CD or performed live by a band or DJ.
• Our license fees are affordable and are based on the size of your business and how you use music. Our average annual fee is a little above $2 per day.
• Our license agreement makes complying with the law easy. U.S. copyright law requires you to obtain permission from music copyright owners to play their music in your business. Instead of reaching out to hundreds of thousands of music creators yourself, a single ASCAP license agreement gives you permission to play music from any ASCAP member.
• It's the right thing to do. Your license fee helps support America's smallest business owners - songwriters. 88¢ of every $1 from your license fee goes back to ASCAP members as royalties, allowing them to make a living from their craft and continue creating music to fuel your business.