Music Licensing for Fitness Facilities
ASCAP members create music. You need music to keep your customers motivated and moving.
Here are the facts you need to know about the ASCAP music license for fitness studios:
• ASCAP is a membership organization of more than 800,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers. Our members include both the hottest artists of today and the writers of your all-time favorite songs.
• Our license agreement makes complying with the law easy. U.S. copyright law requires you to obtain permission from music copyright owners to play their music in your facility. Instead of reaching out to hundreds of thousands of music creators yourself, a single ASCAP license agreement gives you permission to play music from any ASCAP member. We do the legwork so you don't have to (except in the gym).
• With an ASCAP music license, you have unlimited access to ASCAP's expansive catalogue of millions of songs which you can play as often as you want in a wide variety of ways. Whether it's off your computer, tablet, CD or even music provided by a DJ at club functions or classes - the music is licensed and you've complied with the law.
• We've partnered with the International Health, Racquet and Sportsclub Association (IHRSA) to develop a music license discount specifically for IHRSA members. IHRSA members receive a 10% discount off for the first year of their music license and 5% off every year after that! Interested in learning more about IHRSA? Visit their website to join or contact them at 1-800-227-4772 or email@example.com
• Our license fees are affordable and are based on the size of your business and how you use music. The ASCAP license can cost less than a bottle of water per day.
• It's the right thing to do. Your license fee helps support America's smallest business owners - songwriters. 90¢ of every $1 from your license fee goes back to ASCAP members as royalties, allowing them to make a living from their craft and continue creating music to fuel your customers.