Music Licensing for Restaurants, Bars and Nightclubs
ASCAP members create music. You harness the power of music to entice customers to enter your business, stay longer and purchase more food and beverages.
Here are the facts you need to know about the ASCAP music license for restaurants, bars and nightclubs:
• ASCAP is a membership organization of more than 800,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers. Our members include both the hottest artists of today and the writers of your all-time favorite songs.
• With an annual ASCAP music license, you have unlimited access to ASCAP's expansive catalogue of millions of songs which you can play as often as you want in a wide variety of ways - whether it's off your iPad, CDs or performed live by a DJ, karaoke service or live band.
• Our license fees are affordable and are based on the size of your business and how you use music. Our lowest annual fee is just over $1 per day, less than the price of a cup of coffee.
• Our license agreement makes complying with the law easy. U.S. copyright law requires you to obtain permission from music copyright owners to play their music in your business. Instead of reaching out to hundreds of thousands of music creators yourself, a single ASCAP license agreement gives you permission to play music from any ASCAP member.
• It's the right thing to do. Your license fee helps support America's smallest business owners - songwriters. 90¢ of every $1 from your license fee goes back to ASCAP members as royalties, allowing them to make a living from their craft and continue creating music your customers love.