What do The Beatles, The Bee Gees and The Chainsmokers have in common?
With their infectious EDM/pop music treats, The Chainsmokers have made history this week - becoming only the third group to have at least three songs in the Billboard Hot 100 Top 10 at the same time. The other two groups? No less than The Beatles and The Bee Gees. Along with their current chart toppers, "Closer" (featuring Halsey) and "Paris," The Chainsmokers' recent collaboration with Coldplay, "Something Just Like This," debuted at #5 on this week's Top 10.
ASCAP members continue to heat up the charts this year, scoring 7 of the Top 10 spots on this week's Hot 100 chart, capped off by Ed Sheeran's "Shape of You" (co-penned by ASCAP member Steve Mac), which marks its sixth week at #1.
Billboard Hot 100 Top 10
1. "Shape of You" performed by Ed Sheeran
(ASCAP co-writer: Steve Mac)
2. "Bad & Boujee" performed by MIGOS feat. Lil Uzi Vert
(ASCAP writers: MIGOS, Lil Uzi Vert)
4. "That's What I Like" performed by Bruno Mars
(ASCAP co-writers: Christopher Steven Brown, James Fauntleroy, Ray Charles McCullough)
5. "Something Just Like This" performed by The Chainsmokers with Coldplay
(ASCAP writers: Coldplay, Drew Taggart)
7. "Paris" performed by The Chainsmokers
(ASCAP co-writer: Drew Taggart, Frederik Haegstam)
9. "Bounce Back" performed by Big Sean
(ASCAP co-writers: Jeremih, Amaire Johnson, Yung Berg)
10. "Closer" performed by The Chainsmokers (feat. Halsey)
(ASCAP co-writers: Drew Taggart, Freddy Kennett, Joe King, Isaac Slade, Shaun Frank)