For the ninth straight year, ASCAP is excited to announce the ASCAP EXPO iStandard Producer and Rapper Showcase. This event is specifically for rappers and producers in Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B and Dance to showcase their talents. Submissions are now open (through March 30, 2017 at 11:59PM ET)! The ASCAP EXPO iStandard Producer Showcase will occur one evening during the EXPO. Those selected will be judged by notable ASCAP EXPO panelists!
PRODUCERS - If you make tracks (or beats), then this is an opportunity for you. Eight EXPO attendees, who submit tracks, will be selected to play tracks at the showcase. Those selected and all of the other EXPO attendees in the audience will receive valuable constructive criticism and build relationships with contacts that can assist them in getting ahead in their careers.
RAPPERS – We understand the producer and rapper go hand in hand in Hip-Hop, so the ASCAP EXPO iStandard Producer Showcase will feature a rap performances during the show!
Since 2005, the word [istandard] has become synonymous with the world of music creation, and it’s easy to see why. Its founders’ vision was to create a platform in which the music producer and songwriter could step out from behind the boards and display their talents to an audience conducive to enhancing their career. Over the past 11 years, [istandard] has showcased thousands of fledgling creators in front of some of the biggest names in music at their live [istandard] producer showcase] series in 35+ North American cities, the Beat Camp program, and to millions online via istandardproducers.com.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES AND DETAILS
- You must be registered to attend the ASCAP EXPO in order to submit. You will be asked to enter your ASCAP EXPO Registration Number from your confirmation email or letter.
- Submissions are online only via the iStandard Producers website.
- PRODUCERS: Submit two tracks in mp3 form, each may be up to 10 MB and should not be more than two minutes. Tracks should be instrumentals or instrumentals with chorus "hooks" in Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Electronic, and Dance genres. No Full Songs! The Track submitted must be an original work created by you.
- ARTISTS/RAPPERS: Submit a link to a video (such as on YouTube) of one of your live performances. The song submitted must be written or co-written by you.
- The submission process will close on March 30, 2017 at 11:59PM ET. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Those selected to be on the showcase will be notified by iStandard prior to the EXPO via e-mail. Entrants should not contact ASCAP or iStandard to see if they have been selected.
- You must agree to all Official Rules, Terms and Conditions. Any false information will result in automatic disqualification.
Submit Your Tracks or Songs Now