Watch Video of Diplo, Dr. Luke, Priscilla and Other Top Members from the ASCAP Pop Music Awards
ASCAP hosted its 30th annual Pop Music Awards on Wednesday, April 17th at the Loews Hollywood Hotel in Los Angeles, CA. The star-studded event, which was attended by hundreds of songwriters, recording artists and music industry leaders, paid special tribute to Steven Tyler & Joe Perry of Aerosmith and producer Diplo, and honored the songwriters and publishers of the most performed ASCAP songs on the 2012 pop charts.
Top awards were presented to:
- Songwriter of the Year: Max Martin
- Song of the Year: "We Are Young" by fun., written by Andrew Dost and Nate Ruess
- Publisher of the Year: Sony/ATV Tunes LLC
- Independent Publisher of the Year: Prescription Songs LLC
- Publisher Administrator of the Year: Kobalt Music Publishing America, Inc.
Legendary rock stars Steven Tyler and Joe Perry of Aerosmith were honored with the ASCAP Founders Award. Prolific producer and DJ Diplo was honored with the ASCAP Vanguard Award.
The evening featured a performance by singer-songwriter Priscilla and a special tribute performance to former ASCAP President and Board member Hal David by indie pop duo by The Bird and the Bee (Inara George and Greg Kurstin), who performed the classic David-penned “What the World Needs Now Is Love.”
Listen to some of our Pop Award-winning songs on Spotify