ASCAP Governing Documents
Listed below are links to downloadable documents that govern ASCAP and its relationship with its membership and licensees.
- Articles of Association *(PDF)
The basic document that sets out ASCAP's structure and governs its relationship with its members, as amended through May 2002.
- Membership Application and Agreement
The documents that all members sign when they join ASCAP.
- Compendium of ASCAP Rules and Regulations, and Policies Supplemental to the Articles of Association *(PDF)
The rules, regulations and policies adopted by the Board of Directors.
- ASCAP's Survey and Distribution System: Rules & Policies *(PDF)
The rules and regulations governing distribution of royalties to members, including the Writers’ Distribution Plans, the Writers’ and Publishers’ Distribution Formulas, the Weighting Rules and Weighting Formula.
- Second Amended Final Judgment entered in United States v. ASCAP *(PDF)
ASCAP’s Consent Decree with the United States government that largely governs ASCAP's licensing activities.
- Board of Review Rules of Procedure *(PDF)
- Rules for Appeals of Decisions of the ASCAP Board of Review *(PDF)
- Writer Resignation Notification Form *(PDF)
- Publisher Resignation Notification Form *(PDF)
*Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader plug-in.
Download the plug-in by clicking the link below.