For the best original score for Concert Band
ASCAP and the CBDNA seek to recognize talented young composers 18–30 who write for Concert Band. .
Open to citizens or permanent U.S. residents, or enrolled students with student visas, who are between the ages of 18 and 30 by January 1, 2015. Only one entry per composer may be submitted. Previous winners of the ASCAP/CBDNA Frederick Fennell Prize are ineligible.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed application form (Online Submission Is Preferrred)
- Biographical information listing music studies, background and experience and a list of compositions to date.
- Only one composition per composer may be submitted.
- Only original music will be considered. Arrangements are ineligible.
- The score reproduction submitted must be legible, bear the applicant’s name and be reproduced by an accepted reproduction process. Only copies should be submitted. The applicant should hold the original score.
- CDs of the composition submitted are welcome, but must be clearly marked with the composer’s name, title of the composition, identification of the Concert Band performing, and properly cued.
- All scores and CDs shall remain the property of the composer. If you wish materials to be returned, the entry must be accompanied by a Self-Addressed Envelope with sufficient return postage (SASE).
- Please note that Post Office rules REQUIRE a POSTAGE METER STAMP for returning all packets weighing over 13 ounces. Regular postage stamps will not be accepted.
- Proper care will be taken to protect all music materials submitted, but each applicant releases all persons connected with this competition (including members of the Selection Committee) from any claims resulting from possible loss and/or destruction of scores/CDs/materials submitted.
Submission Deadline: The deadline for 2012 applications has passed. Please check back in 2014!