First Round of Featured Panelists for 7th ASCAP "I Create Music" EXPO includes Carly Simon, Peter Frampton, and The Smeezingtons (Bruno Mars, Philip Lawrence, Ari Levine)
Click here for a complete listing of panelists and their bios.
Discount pricing is available through the end of March.
ASCAP has announced the initial lineup of panelists and programming for the 7th annual ASCAP "I Create Music" EXPO, taking place April 19-21, 2012 at the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel in Los Angeles, CA.
In addition to signature "I Create Music" interviews, master classes, hitmaker panels and top-notch performances, ASCAP will once again bring together a diverse group of music creators and industry professionals to participate in a broad range of panels designed to support music creators at every stage of their career. The EXPO will also provide attendees with several opportunities to get their music heard - and receive honest feedback and advice - through a variety of panels and showcases.
Some of the panelists and programming includes:
- A series of writer and composer-focused Master Sessions with some of the most successful names in music, including legendary songwriter Carly Simon, iconic guitarist Peter Frampton, world-renowned hitmaker Desmond Child with songwriter, producer and arranger Darrell Brown, Grammy-winning songwriter/producer Dan Wilson, ASCAP Country Songwriter of the Year Allen Shamblin, prominent film composer Mark Isham, and more to be announced.
- Featured interviews with some of today's most successful songwriters and producers, including Bruno Mars, Philip Lawrence and Ari Levine of The Smeezingtons, who will share their unique insights into what it takes to reach the top of the charts.
- Intimate "in the round" performances from a variety of incredibly talented songwriters such as Don Felder (Formerly of The Eagles), Brett James and Jonny Lang.
- A broad range of panels covering important topics related to a successful career in music, including craft, engineering and recording, legal issues, marketing, publishing and more. Many successful songwriters and producers will be on hand to provide insight and advice, such as ASCAP President and Chairman Paul Williams, Deana Carter, DJ White Shadow, George Duke, Toby Gad, Siedah Garrett, Sam Hollander, Hillary Lindsey, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Trevor Morris, Heitor Pereira, Greg Wells, Malik Yusef and others, alongside well-known producers and veteran music industry executives.
- Creative panels include: Making of a Hit, The Art of Collaboration, Anatomy of a Project, DJ's Turned Producers, Lyrics, Scoring for Film, Scoring for TV, Music Production Music Libraries, Mixing and Engineering, Gospel, Symphonic and Jazz, the International Market, and "We Create Music," a signature EXPO panel with notable ASCAP members from different genres.
- Business panels will cover: Getting Your Music in Film and TV, Online Services and Marketing Tools, The Nuts and Bolts of the Music Business, Legislative Issues, Major Publishers, Touring, and Legal Q&A.
Other creative and business panels will feature Chris Anokute (Universal Motown), Shawn Barron (Atlantic Records), Michelle Bell, Derek Bermel, Gordon Chambers, Ernest “Tuo” Clark and Marcos Palacios (Da Internz), Allison Wright Clark (Angry Mob Music), John Dickson, Gabriela Lena Frank, Julie Frost, Grant Gershon, Thomas Golubic , Bonnie Hayes, Gabriel Kahane, Liz Leahy (Section 101), Taylor Lindsey (BMG Chrysalis), Dallas Martin (Warner Bros. Records), Shane McAnally, Ralph Murphy, Don Passman, Esq., Steve Porcaro, Dave Porter, Lisa Ramsey-Perkins (Sony Music Nashville), S1 (Symbolyc One), Steve Seskin, Greg Sill, Soundz, D.A. Wallach (Spotify), and Brian Warfield (Fisticuffs).
Additional panelists and performers will be announced in the coming weeks.
The ASCAP "I Create Music" EXPO is the premier conference for songwriters, composers and producers. The three-day event covers all genres of music and includes panels, workshops, master classes, keynotes, One-on-One sessions, song critiquing, networking events, round-table workshops, product displays, state-of-the-art technology demonstrations, performances, and more. All music creators, producers, publishers and executives - regardless of their performing rights organization affiliation - will benefit from this unique creative event, which is designed around personal interaction, education and networking. For more information, and to register, please visit http://www.ascap.com/expo.
To get the latest news about the ASCAP EXPO, follow EXPO on the web: