You may use the ASCAP Logos ("Licensed Marks"), set forth below, provided you agree to abide by the terms for the specific use for which you wish to utilize the ASCAP Logos.
Keep in mind - that generally these conditions allow websites, including Members and Customers' websites, to use ASCAP's Main Logo and We Create Music Logo as a link. However, for personal stationery, business cards and other means of indicating affiliation or status, Members may only use the Member Logo and Customer/Licensees may only use the Customer Logo.
Approved Forms of ASCAP Logos/Licensed Marks
- Each Licensed Mark below is a trademarked Logo belonging to ASCAP.
- If you use any of the Licensed Marks you agree that your presentation of the Logos shall retain the relative relationship of the dimensions (top, bottom, and sides), content (wording and musical note), and color scheme of each original Licensed Mark.
- ASCAP expressly reserves the right to withdraw any license granted to you herein and to request that you cease from any use of the Licensed Marks for any reason, including, but not limited to, if your use of the Licensed Marks violates the above terms and conditions.
- ASCAP's Main Logo shall be limited to its format of the red, white & blue flag on the left with "ASCAP" in blue. Or the black & white or reversed versions.
- ASCAP's We Create Music Logo shall be limited to its format of the words ASCAP We Create Music with the flag on the left and the website address on the bottom with a white background. Black & white version also acceptable.
- ASCAP's Member Logo shall be limited to its round format with the musical note in blue against a red and white striped background and the words ASCAP and MEMBER, in white, above and below the musical note, respectively.
- ASCAP's Licensee Logo shall be limited to its round format with the musical note in blue against a red and white striped background and the words ASCAP and LICENSED, in blue, above and below the musical note, respectively.
Use of ASCAP Logos by Websites Linking to ASCAP's Website
Any website may use the ASCAP Main Logo as part of a link to the ASCAP website. You agree that your use of the Licensed Marks in connection with your Webs Site shall be limited to true and correct copies of the exact Licensed Mark of the ASCAP Logos Approved Forms of ASCAP Logos/Licensed Marks and that your use of the above Licensed Mark shall be used for the sole and limited purpose of linking to ASCAP's Website pursuant to the terms set forth in ASCAP's Terms and Conditions at Web Sites Seeking to Link.
Use of ASCAP Logos by ASCAP Members
Any current ASCAP Member in good standing may apply the ASCAP Member Logo as set forth above, to any materials, documents, or communications that they use, whether published online, in print, or in the form of CDs or otherwise, i.e., business cards; stationery; Web Sites; "jewel jackets", "liner notes", or tray cards of CDs, tapes, etc.; or for the sole purpose of identifying your works as being licensed by ASCAP (for example, in CD liner notes). If you wish to use the Licensed Marks as an ASCAP Member, you understand that you are expected to comply, in addition to the terms set forth herein, with all guidelines from ASCAP's Terms and Conditions for their Trademarks and General Use Conditions and Restrictions.
Specific Use By ASCAP Members Musical Compositions & Sound Recordings
If an ASCAP Logo is applied to publications, such as CDs, jewel jackets and liner notes, relating to recordings of your musical compositions ("Recordings"), you understand and agree that you will only use the ASCAP Member Logo, and no other ASCAP Logo, for the limited purpose of designating such materials as including musical compositions written by an ASCAP Member and you further agree that the following statement will be reproduced on the Recording and accompanying materials that use the Licensed Marks:
The use of the ASCAP Member Logo [or other ASCAP Logo] indicates that [member name] is an ASCAP member in good standing, and does not imply or indicate that ASCAP has approved of, sponsored, or is otherwise responsible for the content.
ASCAP expressly reserves the right to withdraw this license and to request that you cease from any use of the Licensed Marks for any reason, including if your use of the Licensed Marks violates the above terms and conditions, or if you cease to be an ASCAP Member in good standing.
Specific Use By ASCAP Members Stationery & Business Cards
ASCAP is happy and honored to provide ASCAP Members with the right to use the ASCAP Member Logo to indicate their status as an ASCAP Member on their own websites, business cards and letterhead and like materials, provided such use is not derogatory or defames ASCAP. However, while ASCAP Members may use any of the Licensed Marks for purposes of linking over to ASCAP's website, ASCAP Members may not use any other of the ASCAP Licensed Marks set forth above to indicate their affiliation on such business related materials. For among other reasons, ASCAP is concerned that Members may inadvertently expose themselves to liability to third parties if they create the appearance of being an employee of ASCAP.
Use of ASCAP Licensee Logo by ASCAP Customers
If you are a current ASCAP customer and wish to use the ASCAP Licensee Logo, you may do so on the condition that you agree that your use of the Licensed Mark shall be limited to true and correct copies of the exact Licensed Mark of the ASCAP Licensee Logo Approved Forms of ASCAP Logos/Licensed Marks, as well as on the condition that you are a licensed customer in good standing. You may determine whether you are a licensed customer in good standing by contacting an ASCAP licensing representative. If you have general questions about ASCAP licensing please see the Licensing FAQ Page.