Why Join ASCAP? Joining ASCAP is a critical step in your career in music. By joining ASCAP you can begin to register your songs, collect performance royalties and take advantage of many exclusive career benefits. As the only member-owned performing rights organization in the U.S., ASCAP is free from conflicting interests. Everything that ASCAP does, from collecting and distributing royalties to protecting and strengthening copyright to developing and supporting your career, is done to serve you throughout your life in music.
There is a one time, nominal processing fee of $35 to apply for ASCAP membership, but there are no annual dues. You can join as a writer or a publisher or both - the processing fee is $35 for each application. This fee is non-refundable. Click one of the buttons below to start filling out the online application. We look forward to welcoming you to the ASCAP family.
Before you begin, please have the following information in hand:
- Your Social Security Number
- Information about a work you wrote or co-wrote (e.g. title, name of the performer or artist, date it was released or performed)
- Choices for your publishing company name
- Information about your company (Taxpayer Identification Number, when and where it was established, stakeholders; or Social Security Number)
- Information about a work you published (e.g. title, name of the performer or artist, date it was released or performed)
Successor or Posthumous Membership
If you are applying for a successor membership or posthumous membership, you cannot apply online. Please contact ASCAP at 1-800-95-ASCAP for further information. We will be happy to assist you.
If you prefer to print and mail your application, please click here. Mailed applications have a processing fee of $75 for each application - writer and/or publisher.